October 26, 2008

Thank God for Starbucks



Ashley and her friend, Danny went to a harvest party last night. They almost won the cutest couple, but the judges gave 1st place to the smaller kids that were there. It took us hours to find their costumes and then we had to go to five stores just to find Danny some flip flops. It was easy to find women's, but men's flip flops are rare this time of year.

The boys are at their dad's house this weekend and I have had a really bad two weeks. I don't know if it is the weather change or what, but I am feeling so depressed lately. Thank God for Starbucks because the Cafe' Mocha I just had made my day!

A few days ago I was listening to the radio and discovered that Mervyns is going out of business. Wow! that was a shocker. I guess they announced it in August, but I just now heard of it in a campaign commercial. I looked it up online and read that they will clearance their merchandise out through the end of the year and then they will close. So instead of the little phrase " Open Open" we will being saying "Closed Closed" or at least that is what the commercial said.

I have been questioning how fast time goes by. Basically when time passed by Earth where does it go? My birthday is coming around very shortly. On November 3rd I will turn 35 and I think that is contributing to the reason why I feel so depressed. I never imagned that I would be raising four kids alone at this time in my life, but really thank God for Starbucks.

Finances aren't good and now they are affecting me. Ron isn't working and is taking me back to court to change the child support order. This is not a good thing for the kids and me. I bet Mervyn's feels the same way...

This last Thursday my family had a BBQ. My Uncle Dwayne came down from Nevada. We hadn't seen him in sixteen years. It was great and we caught up on time quickly. The guys all played the guitars and sang just like we use to do years ago. That was a great night and brought back a lot of memories. All good ones. It did however, remind my of Nanny who passed away two years ago this January. I miss her very much. She used to sing along to all the songs and it wasn't really a pleasant tune. I thought to myself as I was humming along "Wow! I am taking over Nanny's place." As the people who know me would agree that sometimes it better just to move my lips and act as if I am singing. It all makes for a better evening.

0 comments: